This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Uterine myomata are found frequently in adults but are rare in pediatric and adolescent patients. The clinical aspects, surgical findings, and histology in a case of a giant uterine leiomyoma occurring in a 15-year-old girl are presented. Despite the identification of the tumor as a benign leiomyoma with severe regressive alterations, hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy was performed due to the enormous size of the tumor.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Uterine myoma in a 15-year-old girl.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1981; 60: 591
- A 15-year-old girl with an expansively growing tumour.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 1986; 22: 373
- Leiomyoma in a 15-year-old girl.Adolesc Pediatr Gynecol. 1988; 1: 109
- Butterworths, London and Boston1975: 413 Principles of Gynaecology. IV ed.
- Gynekologie.Avicenum Praha. 1977; : 178
- Novak's Textbook of Gynecology. 10th ed. Williams, Philadelphia1979: 1132
- Leiomyosarcoma of the uterus.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1958; 75: 149
- Smooth muscle tumours in children.Cancer. 1965; 18: 711
- F. Ente, Stuttgart1886 Neubildungen des Uterus. 2nd ed.
- (Ref.) The Gynecology of Childhood and Adolescence. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1968: 239
- Symptomatic myoma in a 13-year-old girl.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1969; 105: 639
- Benign tumours of smooth muscle. Leiomyosarcoma.in: Soft Tissue Tumours. CV Mosby, St. Louis, Toronto, London1983: 281
- Benign lesions of the myometrium.in: Pathology of the Female Genital Tract. Springer Verlag, New York1977: 299
© 1988 Springer-Verlag New York Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.