This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of McCune—Albright Syndrome in a 3½-year-old girl is presented. Although there was clinical evidence of increased estrogen production, no steroid-dependent growth phase was apparent on her growth velocity chart. Complications of polyostotic fibrous dysplasia are discussed, and emphasis is placed on a multidisciplinary approach to patients with McCune—Albright Syndrome.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Syndrome characterized by ostitis fibrosa disseminata, areas of pigmentation, and endocrine dysfunction with precocious puberty in females.N Engl J Med. 1937; 216: 727-746
- Absence of pubertal gonadotropin secretion in girls with McCune-Albright Syndrome.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1984; 58: 1161-1165
- Variable response to a long-acting agonist of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone in girls with McCune-Albright Syndrome.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1984; 59: 801-805
- Treatment of precocious puberty in the McCune-Albright Syndrome with the aromatase inhibitor testolactone.N Engl J Med. 1986; 315: 1115-1119
- Cyclical ovarian function resistant to treatment with an analogue of luteinizing hormone releasing hormone in McCune—Albright Syndrome.N Engl J Med. 1984; 311: 1032-1036
- McCune—Albright Syndrome long term followup.JAMA. 1986; 256: 2980-2984
- The NIH experience with precocious puberty:diagnostic subgroups and response to short term luteinizing hormone releasing hormone analogue therapy.J Pediatr. 1986; 108: 47-54
- Fibrous dysplasia: a review of the disease and its manifestations in the temporal bone.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol (Suppl). 1982; 92: 1-52
© 1988 Springer-Verlag New York Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.