This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Mild degrees of labial adhesions are often asymptomatic, and require no treatment. When symptoms occur, medical treatment often results in labial separation with alleviation of symptoms. Surgical separation is recommended for patients in whom medical therapy has failed. The authors report on a patient whose labial adhesions resulted in urinary retention. The need for immediate surgical separation of the fused labia in such patients is emphasized.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Adhesions of the labia minora-A study of 50 patients.Obstet Gynecol. 1972; 39: 65
- Vulvar fusion.J Urol. 1949; 62: 75
- Topical oestrogen therapy for labial adhesions in children.Br J Obstet Gynecol. 1975; 82: 424
- Huffman JW Dewhurst CJ Capraro VJ The Gynecology of Childhood and Adolescence. 2nd ed. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1981: 105-107
- Huffman JW Dewhurst CJ Capraro VJ The Gynecology of Childhood and Adolescence. 2nd ed. WB Saunders, Philadelphia1981: 143-144
- Labial adhesions presenting as urinary incontinence in postmenopausal women.Obstet Gynecol. 1984; 64: 815
- Labial adhesions in a postpartum patient.Obstet Gynecol. 1986; 68: 24S
- Conglutination of the labia minora in the presence of normal endogenous estrogen levels. An exception to the rule.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1972; 113: 845
- Adhesions of labia minora (Synechia vulvae) in childhood.Acta Pediatr Scand. 1971; 60: 709
© 1988 Springer-Verlag New York Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.