This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
One hundred women between ages 15 and 19 were evaluated for chronic pelvic pain. At laparoscopy, 46 had a normal pelvis, 29 had evidence of pelvic inflammatory disease, 12 had endometriosis, and 13 had other pelvic pathology. Diagnostic laparoscopy may be of significant value in the evaluation of adolescent women with chronic pelvic pain of uncertain etiology that fails conservative medical therapy.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- One thousand consecutive cases of diagnostic laparoscopy.J Obstet Gynecol Br Commonwealth. 1972; 71: 1016
- Laparoscopy for diagnosis and treatment of abdominal pain in adolescent girls.Arch Surg. 1977; 112: 1178
- Laparoscopy in the evaluation of pelvic pain.Obstet Gynecol. 1973; 42: 872
- Endometriosis in young women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1967; 98: 116
- Conservative surgical management of external endometriosis.Obstet Gynecol. 1968; 32: 576
- Symptomatic endometriosis in teenagers.Obstet Gynecol. 1974; 43: 896
- Laparoscopy in the diagnosis and management of pelvic pain in adolescents.J Reprod Med. 1980; 24: 251
- A proposed classification of pelvic endometriosis.Obstet Gynecol. 1973; 42: 19
- Revised American Fertility Society classification of endometriosis.Fertil Steril. 1985; 43: 351
- MacMillan, New York1983: 1-24 Biostatistics in Clinical Medicine.
- Laparoscopy—Is it replacing clinical acumen?.Obstet Gynecol. 1976; 48: 615
- Laparoscopic findings in patients with pelvic pain.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1983; 146: 587
© 1988 Springer-Verlag New York Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.