Interventions and Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Pregnancy as a window of opportunity for HIV prevention: effects of an HIV intervention delivered within prenatal care.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 2079
- Systematic review of sexual risk among pregnant and mothering teens in the USA: pregnancy as an opportunity for integrated prevention of STD and repeat pregnancy.Soc Sci Med. 2005; 60: 661
Center for Disease Control and Prevention: STDs in adolescents and young adults. Atlanta, GA. Available: http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats12/adol.htm. Accessed November 7, 2014.
- Depression during pregnancy and the postpartum period in adolescent and adult Portuguese mothers.Arch Womens Ment Health. 2007; 10: 103
- Depressive symptoms among pregnant women screened in obstetrics settings.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2003; 12: 373
National Institute of Mental Health: Major depressive disorder among adults. Bethesda, MD. Available: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/prevalence/major-depression-among-adults.shtml. Accessed August 23, 2014.
- Perinatal depression: prevalence, screening, accuracy, and screening outcomes.Evid Rep Technol Assess (Summ). 2005; 119: 1
- Psychiatric disorders and sexual risk among adolescents in mental health treatment.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2010; 78: 590
- Associations between depressive symptoms and sexual risk behavior in a diverse sample of female adolescents.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2009; 22: 306
- Associations of depression, self-esteem, and substance use with sexual risk among adolescents.Prev Med. 2001; 33: 179
- The epidemiology of major depressive disorder: results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R).JAMA. 2003; 289: 3095
- Prevalence of depression by race/ethnicity: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey III.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 998
- Epidemiology of depressive symptoms in the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2002; 41: 199
- Race/ethnicity and internalizing disorders in youth: a review.Clin Psychol Rev. 2010; 30: 338
National Institute of Mental Health: Major depression among adolescents. Bethesda, MD. Available: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/prevalence/major-depression-among-adolescents.shtml. Accessed November 7, 2014.
- Racial differences in the prevalence of antenatal depression.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2011; 33: 87
- Presence of depressive symptoms during early pregnancy and the risk of preterm delivery: a prospective cohort study.Humanit Rep. 2008; 24: 146
- Depressive symptoms and health-related quality of life in early pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 798
- Risk factors for depression symptoms during pregnancy: a systematic review.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 202: 5
- Group prenatal care and perinatal outcomes: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 330
- The influence of pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and human immunodeficiency virus perceived susceptibility patterns on sexual risk reduction for adolescent females.J Community Psychol. 2005; 33: 313
- The skinny on sexual risk: the effects of BMI on STI incidence and risk.AIDS Behav. 2011; 15: 1527
- The CES-D scale: a self-report depression scale for research in the general population.Appl Psychol Meas. 1977; 1: 385
- Factoral validity and invariance of the center for epidemiologic studies depression (CES-D) scale in a sample of black and white adolescent girls.Ethn Dis. 2006; 16: 1
- Social support and social conflict as predictors of prenatal depression.Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 110: 134
- Stability and change in level of maternal depressive symptomatology during the first postpartum year.J Affect Disord. 2002; 71: 169
- HIV risk behaviors among women living in low-income, inner-city housing developments.Am J Public Health. 1996; 86: 1123
- Validity of scales measuring psychosocial determinants of HIV/STD-related risk behavior in adolescents.Health Educ Res. 1999; 14: 25
- Development and validation of a condom self-efficacy scale for college students.J Am Coll Health. 1991; 39: 219
- Psychosocial predictors of risky sexual behavior and the efficacy of interventions to ameliorate risky behavior in persons at risk for HIV infection: what works and what doesn't work?.Psychosom Med. 2008; 70: 598
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.5th ed. American Psychiatric Publishing, Arlington, VA2013
- Use of contraception among US women with frequent mental distress.Contraception. 2011; 83: 127
- Association between symptoms of depression and contraceptive method choices among low-income women at urban reproductive health centers.Matern Child Health J. 2010; 14: 102
- Young women's consistency of contraceptive use - does depression or stress matter?.Contraception. 2013; 88: 641
- Role of young women's depression and stress symptoms in their weekly use and nonuse of contraceptive methods.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 53: 241
- The effect of major depression on sexual function in women.J Sex Med. 2012; 9: 231
- Neurobiology of depression.Neuron. 2002; 34: 13
- Sexual dysfunction, depression, and the impact of antidepressants.J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009; 29: 157
- Sexual dysfunction and anxiety: conceptualizing sexual dysfunction as a part of an internalizing dimension.Clin Pyschol Rev. 2009; 29: 573
National Institute for Health Care Management: Identifying and treating maternal depression: strategies & considerations for health plans. Available: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CGUQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nihcm.org%2Fpdf%2FFINAL_MaternalDepression6-7.pdf&ei=4_deU5rgB5ffsASJp4Eo&usg=AFQjCNH6jGEJPDFqqcfE47obW2GL3YL3pw&sig2=Nzr4JH8hQkYe8OQmnN7SHg&bvm=bv.65397613,d.cWc. Accessed April 28, 2014.
- Maternal and fetal outcomes among women with depression.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2010; 19: 329
- Prenatal depression, prenatal anxiety, and spontaneous preterm birth: a prospective cohort study among women with early and regular care.Psychosom Med. 2006; 68: 938
- Blackmore Price C: Maternal prenatal depressive symptoms and spontaneous preterm births among African-American women in Baltimore, Maryland.Am J Epidemiol. 2002; 156: 797
- Impact of antenatal and postpartum maternal mental illness: how are the children?.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 52: 441
- Committee opinion no. 453: Screening for depression during and after pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 115: 394
Sharon Rising is President/CEO of the non-profit, Centering Healthcare Institute. There are no other known conflicts of interest to report.