Design, Setting, Participants, Interventions, and Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, Division of STD Prevention: Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance.2012 (Available:)Accessed July 08, 2015)
- Prevalence of sexually transmitted infections among female adolescents aged 14 to 19 in the United States.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 1505
- Sexually transmitted diseases among American youth: incidence and prevalence estimates, 2000.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2004; 36: 6
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion: Healthy People.gov. Healthy People 2020 Web site. Available: http://www.healthypeople.gov/. Accessed July 08, 2015.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Developing Objectives for Healthy People. Available: http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default. Accessed July 8, 2015.
- The Neglected Health and Economic Impact of STDs.National Academy Press, Washington, DC1997
- The limits of behavioral interventions for HIV prevention.in: L. Cohen, V. Chavez, S. Chehimi Prevention is Primary: Strategies for Community Well-Being. Wiley; San Francisco, CA, 2007: 329-347
- Self-change and therapy change of smoking behavior: a comparison of processes of change in cessation and maintenance.Addict Behav. 1982; 7: 133-142
- Stages and processes of self-change of smoking: toward an integrative model of change.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1983; 51: 390
- Decisional balance measure for assessing and predicting smoking status.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1985; 48: 1279
- Relapse situations and self-efficacy: an integrative model.Addict Behav. 1990; 15: 271
- Transtheoretical therapy: towards a more integrative model of change.Psychotherapy (Chic). 1982; 19: 276
- Transtheoretical individualized multimedia expert systems targeting adolescents’ health behaviors.Cogn Behav Pract. 1999; 6: 144
Guidelines for Adolescent Preventive Services: Clinical Evaluation and Management Handbook, 1995, American Medical Association; Chicago
- Randomized controlled trial of a safer sex intervention for high-risk adolescent girls.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001; 155: 73
- One session of TTM-tailored condom use feedback: a pilot study among at-risk women in the Bronx.Aids Care. 2011; 23: 10
- Tailored intervention to increase dual-contraceptive method use: a randomized trial to reduce unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 630.e1
- Motivational Interviewing.3rd ed. Guilford Press, New York2012
- Brief interventions for alcohol problems: a meta-analytic review of controlled investigations in treatment-seeking and non-treatment-seeking populations.Addiction. 2002; 97: 279
- The use of brief interventions adapted from motivational interviewing across behavioral domains: a systematic review.Addiction. 2001; 96: 1725
- Pregnancy and STD prevention counseling using an adaptation of motivational interviewing: a randomized controlled trial.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2007; 39: 21
Sobell L, Sobell M. Assessing alcohol problems: a guide for clinicians and researchers. In: Edited by P Allen and VB Wilson. Bethesda, MD, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, 2003, pp 75–99
- Motivational Interviewing: Preparing People To Change Addictive Behavior.Guilford Press, New York1991
- Health Behavior Change. A Guide for Practitioners.Churchill Livingstone; San Diego, CA, 1999
- Female adolescents’ educational choices about reproductive health modules.Am J Sex Educ. 2008; 3: 65
- Fixed Effects Regression Models.University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia2009
- Multiple imputation by chained equations: what is it and how does it work?.Int J Methods Psychiatr Res. 2011; 20: 40
- Associations between religiosity and sexual and contraceptive behaviors.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2010; 23: 290
- Racial/ethnic matching of clients and therapists in mental health services: a meta-analytic review of preferences, perceptions, and outcomes.J Couns Psychol. 2011; 58: 537
- Factors associated with attrition of African Americans during the recruitment phase of a clinical trial examining adherence among individuals with rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 2004; 51: 422
- Behavioral interventions to reduce incidence of HIV, STD, and pregnancy among adolescents: a decade in review.J Adolesc Health. 2004; 34: 3
- The influence of social determinants on sexual risk among out-of-school African American female adolescents.Vulnerable Child Youth Stud. 2013; 9: 139
Allan Zuckoff receives royalties from The Guilford Press for a book related to motivational interviewing. The authors report no further disclosures.