Setting and Participants
Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Teenagers in the United States: sexual activity, contraceptive use, and childbearing, national survey of family growth 2006-2008.Vital Health Stat 23. 2010; 23: 1
- Declines in unintended pregnancy in the United States, 2008-2011.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 843
- Early initiation of postpartum contraception: does it decrease rapid repeat pregnancy in adolescents?.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2015; 28: 57
- Repeat teen birth: does delivery mode make a difference?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: 453.e1
- Risk factors for unintended versus intended rapid repeat pregnancies among adolescents.J Adolesc Health. 2006; 39: 597.e1
- Early subsequent pregnancy among economically disadvantaged teenage mothers.Am J Public Health. 1986; 70: 167
- Another Chance: Preventing Additional Births to Teen Mothers.National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, Washington, DC2004
- Rapid repeat pregnancy in adolescents: do immediate postpartum contraceptive implants make a difference?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 206: 481.e1
- Maternal-perinatal morbidity and mortality associated with adolescent pregnancy in Latin America: cross-sectional study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 192: 342
- Implanon as a contraceptive choice for teenage mothers: a comparison of contraceptive choices, acceptability and repeat pregnancy.Contraception. 2010; 81: 421
- A village would be nice but…it takes a long-acting contraceptive to prevent repeat adolescent pregnancies.Am J Prev Med. 2001; 21: 60
- Contraceptive Technology.19th revised ed. Ardent Media, New York, NY2007
- Two-Week Postpartum Implanon Insertion Is Not Equivalent To Immediate Postpartum LARC.Elsevier, Los Angeles2009
- Acceptance of long-acting reversible contraceptive methods by adolescent participants in the Contraceptive CHOICE Project.Contraception. 2011; 84: 493
- Twelve-month contraceptive continuation and repeat pregnancy among young mothers choosing postdelivery contraceptive implants or postplacental intrauterine devices.Contraception. 2016; 93: 178
- Etonogestrel implant in postpartum adolescents: bleeding pattern, efficacy and discontinuation rate.Contraception. 2010; 82: 256
- Continuation and satisfaction of reversible contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 1105
- Postpartum contraceptive use among adolescent mothers.Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 95: 770
- Long acting reversible contraception in postpartum adolescents: early initiation of etonogestrel implant is superior to IUDs in the outpatient setting.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2012; 25: 59
- Barriers to intrauterine device insertion in postpartum women.Contraception. 2005; 72: 426
- The postpartum visit: it's time for a change in order to optimally initiate contraception.Contraception. 2008; 78: 90
- Predictors of compliance with the postpartum visit among women living in healthy start project areas.Matern Child Health J. 2006; 10: 511
- Immediate versus delayed IUD insertion after uterine aspiration.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 2208
- Postplacental or delayed insertion of the levonorgestrel intrauterine device after vaginal delivery: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 1079
- Immediate vs. delayed post-abortal copper T 380A IUD insertion in cases over 12 weeks of gestation.Contraception. 2011; 83: 522
- Postpartum insertion of levonorgestrel–intrauterine system at three time periods: a prospective randomized pilot study.Contraception. 2011; 84: 244
- Safety and efficacy of Implanon, a single-rod implantable contraceptive containing etonogestrel.Contraception. 2005; 71: 319
- Etonogestrel implant in adolescents: evaluation of clinical aspects.Contraception. 2011; 83: 336
- Six-month and 1-year continuation rates following postpartum insertion of implants and intrauterine devices.Contraception. 2015; 92: 532
- Lactogenesis after early postpartum use of the contraceptive implant: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 117: 1114
- Immediate postpartum initiation of etonogestrel-releasing implant: a randomized controlled trial on breastfeeding impact.Contraception. 2015; 92: 536
- CONSORT reporting parallel group randomised trials.Trials. 2010; 11: 32
- Immediate postpartum etonogestrel implant: a contraception option with long-term continuation.Contraception. 2014; 90: 259
- The effect of immediate postpartum compared to delayed postpartum and interval etonogestrel contraceptive implant insertion on removal rates for bleeding.Contraception. 2014; 90: 253
- Preventing repeat pregnancy in adolescents: is immediate postpartum insertion of the contraceptive implant cost effective?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 211: 24.e1
- Collecting longitudinal data through childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood: methodological challenges.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2004; 28: 330
The authors indicate no conflicts of interest.
Present address for Erika E. Levi: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York.
Present address for Matthew L. Zerden: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, WakeMed Health and Hospitals, Raleigh, North Carolina.
Present address for Antoinette Danvers: Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University School of Medicine, New York, New York.