Setting and Participants
Interventions and Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Weight gain during pregnancy: reexamining the guidelines.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
- Nutrition for a healthy pregnancy: National guidelines for the childbearing years.Minister of Public Works and Government Services Canada, Ottawa2009
- A systematic review of outcomes of maternal weight gain according to the institute of medicine recommendations: birthweight, fetal growth, and postpartum weight retention.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 201: 339.e1
- Gestational weight gain and long-term postpartum weight retention: a meta-analysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 94: 1225
- Association between weight gain during pregnancy and postpartum weight retention and obesity: a bias-adjusted meta-analysis.Nutr Rev. 2013; 71: 343
- Pre-pregnancy BMI, gestational weight gain and postpartum weight retention: a meta-analysis of observational studies.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 2172
- Postpartum weight change: how much of the weight gained in pregnancy will be lost after delivery?.Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 71: 701
- Maternal body weight development after pregnancy.Int J Obes. 1990; 14: 159
- Implications of the Camden study of adolescent pregnancy: interactions among maternal growth, nutritional status, and body composition.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1997; 817: 281
- The long-term impact of adolescent gestational weight gain.Res Nurs Health. 2008; 31: 108
- Pre-pregnancy body mass index among pregnant adolescents: gestational weight gain and long-term post partum weight retention.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2008; 21: 195
- Interpregnancy weight change and risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes: a population-based study.Lancet. 2006; 368: 1164
- Canadian Perinatal Surveillance System: Validation of perinatal data in the discharge abstract database of the Canadian Institute for Health Information.Chronic Dis Can. 2009; 29: 96
- Adolescent pregnancy guidelines.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2015; 37: 740
Statistics Canada: NHS profile, 2011. Available at: https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/dp-pd/prof/index.cfm?Lang=E. Accessed June 30, 2016.
World Health Organization: BMI classification. Available at: http://apps.who.int/bmi/index.jsp?introPage=intro_3.html. Accessed June 30, 2016.
- Gestational weight gain and perinatal outcomes in adolescent mothers: a retrospective cohort study.J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2016; 38: 338
- Gynecologic age is an important risk factor for obstetric and perinatal outcomes in adolescent pregnancies.Women Birth. 2015; 28: e119
- One-year changes in weight and fatness in girls during late adolescence.Pediatrics. 1995; 96: 253
- Adolescents increase to more gestational weight and fat than adults according to BMI pre-gestational [in Spanish].Rev Invest Clin. 2011; 63: 500
- Weight retention within the puerperium in adolescents: a risk factor for obesity?.Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13: 283
- Physical, behavioral, and body image characteristics in a tri-racial group of adolescent girls.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 1670
- Childhood obesity and adult morbidities.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 1499S
- Validity of prepregnancy weight status estimated from self-reported height and weight.Matern Child Health J. 1667; 2014: 18
The authors indicate no conflicts of interest.