Design, Setting, Participants, Interventions, and Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Trends in marijuana use among pregnant and nonpregnant reproductive-aged women, 2002-2014.JAMA. 2017; 317: 207
- Behavioral health trends in the United States: results from the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (HHS Publication No. SMA 15–4927, NSDUH Series H-50).(Available:)https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/NSDUH-FRR1-2014/NSDUH-FRR1-2014.pdfDate accessed: April 20, 2018
- Marijuana use during stages of pregnancy in the United States.Ann Intern Med. 2017; 166: 763
- Prenatal exposure to cannabis and maternal and child health outcomes: a systematic review and meta-anaysis.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e009986
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: Marijuana use during pregnancy and lactation. ACOG Committee Opinion no. 722. Available: https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidance-and-Publications/Committee-Opinions/Committee-on-Obstetric-Practice/Marijuana-Use-During-Pregnancy-and-Lactation. Accessed 1 June, 2018.
- The association between substance use, unplanned sexual intercourse and other sexual behaviors among adolescent students.Addiction. 2001; 96: 607
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): 2016 sexually transmitted diseases surveillance. STDs in adolescents and young adults. Available: https://www.cdc.gov/std/stats16/adolescents.htm. Accessed 1 June, 2018.
- The use of an ecodevelopmental approach to examining substance use among rural and urban Latino/a youth: peer, parental, and school influences.J Ethn Subst Abuse. 2014; 13: 104
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Risk and protective factors associated with youth marijuana use. SAMHSA’s Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies, June, 2014. Available: https://www.samhsa.gov/capt/sites/default/files/resources/preventing-youth-marijuana-use-factors-2017.pdf. Accessed 1 June, 2018.
- Computer and therapist based brief interventions among cannabis-using adolescents presenting to primary care: one year outcomes.Drugs Alcohol Depend. 2013; 132: 646
- A randomized controlled trial testing the efficacy of a brief cannabis universal prevention program among adolescents in primary care.Addiction. 2014; 109: 786
- The Brief Symptom Inventory: an introductory report.Psychol Med. 1983; 13: 595
- Prevalence and correlates of mental health problems and treatment among adolescents seen in primary care.J Adolesc Health. 2012; 50: 559
- When can you safely ignore multicollinearity?.Statistical Horizons. 2012; (Available: https://statisticalhorizons.com/multicollinearity)
- Prevalence and patterns of marijuana use among pregnant and nonpregnant women of reproductive age.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 213: 201.e1
- A positive association between anxiety disorders and cannabis use or cannabis use disorders in the general population - a meta-analysis of 31 studies.BMC Psychiatry. 2014; 14: 136
- The effects of mental health symptoms and marijuana expectancies on marijuana use and consequences among at-risk adolescents.J Drug Issues. 2015; 45: 151
- Adolescents’ beliefs about marijuana use: a comparison of regular users, past users and never/occasional users.J Drug Educ. 2005; 35: 131
- Relief-oriented use of marijuana by teens.Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 2009; 4: 7
- Marijuana motives: young adults’ reasons for using marijuana.Addict Behav. 2007; 32: 1384
- Development and preliminary validation of a comprehensive marijuana motives questionnaire.J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2009; 70: 279
- It depends on when you ask: motives for using marijuana assessed before versus after a marijuana use event.Addict Behav. 2014; 39: 1759
- Effects of co-occurring marijuana use and anxiety on brain structure and functioning: a systematic review of adolescent studies.J Adolesc. 2018; 65: 177
- Cannabis use and mental health in young people: cohort study.BMJ. 2002; 325: 1195
- Gender differences in the correlates of adolescents’ cannabis use.Subst Use Misuse. 2008; 43: 1438
- Cannabis use and risk of psychiatric disorders.JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73: 388
- Gender differences in adolescent marijuana use and associated psychosocial characteristics.J Addict Med. 2011; 5: 65
- Trends in cannabis use disorders among racial/ethnic population groups in the United States.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2016; 65: 181
- Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change.3rd ed. Guilford Press, New York2013
Pregnancy Health and Behaviors, 2016. HealthyPeople.gov. Available: https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/maternal-infant-and-child-health/objectives.
The authors indicate no conflicts of interest.
This trial is registered at ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT01329315.
These findings were presented, in part, at the American Psychological Association Convention in Washington, DC, August, 2017.