Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- National Center for Health Statistics: VitalStats.(Available:)http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/vitalstats.htmDate accessed: October 11, 2017
- Epidemiology of cesarean delivery: the scope of the problem.Semin Perinatol. 2012; 36: 308
- Recent trends in cesarean delivery in the United States.NCHS Data Brief. 2010; : 1
- Indications contributing to the increasing cesarean delivery rate.Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 118: 29
- Long-term maternal morbidity associated with repeat cesarean delivery.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011; 205: S2
- Growth of the birth canal in adolescent girls.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1982; 143: 528
HHS.gov. Office of Adolescent Health: Trends in teen pregnancy and childbearing teen births. Retrieved on October 10, 2017 from: www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-development/reproductive-health-and-teen-pregnancy/teen-pregnancy-and-childbearing/trends/index.html.
- Prediction of cesarean delivery in the term nulliparous woman: results from the prospective, multicenter Genesis study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 216: 598.e1
- Adverse maternal and neonatal outcomes in adolescent pregnancy.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2016; 29: 130
- Obesity, obstetric complications and cesarean delivery rate–a population-based screening study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 190: 1091
- Pregnancy complications and outcomes among overweight and obese nulliparous women.Am J Public Health. 2001; 91: 436
- Obstetric outcomes in overweight and obese adolescents.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 195: 851
- Racial and ethnic differences in indications for primary cesarean delivery at term: experience of one institution.Birth. 2012; 39: 128
- Does antenatal identification of small-for-gestational age fetuses significantly improve their outcome?.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 25: 258
- Mode of delivery and outcomes by birth weight among spontaneous and induced singleton cephalic nulliparous labors.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2015; 129: 22
- Macrosomic births in the United States: Determinants, outcomes, and proposed grades of risk.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 188: 1372
- Effect of changes in maternal age, parity, and birth weight distribution on primary cesarean delivery rates.JAMA. 1994; 271: 443
- Changes in maternal characteristics and obstetric practice and recent increases in primary cesarean delivery.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 102: 791
- Contemporary cesarean delivery practice in the United States.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 203: e1
The authors indicate no conflicts of interest.