Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- CREOG Educational Objectives Core Curriculum in Obstetrics and Gynecology.12th ed. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC2020
American Board of Pediatrics: General Pediatrics Content Outline. Available at: https://www.abp.org/sites/abp/files/pdf/gp_contentoutline_2017.pdf. Accessed September 28, 2020.
American Board of Pediatrics: Content outline: adolescent medicine. Available at: https://www.abp.org/sites/abp/files/pdf/adol_latest.pdf. Accessed September 28, 2020.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: Obstetrics and gynecology competencies. Available at: http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/ibd/obstetrics-gynecology-competencies-e.pdf. Accessed September 28, 2020.
- A simulation program for teaching obstetrics and gynecology residents the pediatric gynecology examination and procedures.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2011; 24: 127
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology experience in academic and community OB/GYN residency programs in Michigan.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 1999; 12: 215
- Resident education in pediatric and adolescent gynecology from a residency program director's perspective.J Reprod Med. 2012; 57: 489
- Residency training in pediatric and adolescent gynecology across obstetrics and gynecology residency programs: a cross-sectional study.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2013; 26: 180
- How are we meeting the RCPSC pediatric and adolescent gynecology objectives in Canada: a survey, needs assessment and opportunity for education of residents and program directors.J Ped Adolesc Gynecol. 2020; 33: 204
- Adolescent medicine training in pediatric residency programs.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 165
- Adolescent medicine: attitudes, training, and experiences of pediatric, family medicine, and obstetric-gynecology residents.Yale J Biol Med. 2009; 82: 129
- Canadian pediatric residents’ experience and level of comfort with adolescent gynecological health care.J Adolesc Health. 2006; 38: 57
North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology: Available at: http://www.naspag.org/page/missiongoals. Accessed September 28, 2020.
- Creation and dissemination of a multispecialty GME curriculum in pediatric and adolescent gynecology: the NASPAG resident education committee experiences.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2017; 31: 3-6
- Does the NASPAG Short Curriculum increase resident knowledge in pediatric and adolescent gynecology?.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2016; 29: 623
- Improving resident knowledge in pediatric and adolescent gynecology: an evaluation of the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Short Curriculum.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2018; 31: 356
The authors report no proprietary or commercial interest in any product mentioned or concept discussed in this article.
This Committee Document was prepared under the direction of the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (NASPAG) Resident Education Committee and reviewed by the NASPAG Board and the Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology editors. The information contained in this document reflects the currently available best evidence for education and practice at the time of publication. The information referenced in this document aims to educate practitioners in making decisions about appropriate patient care but should not be construed as dictating an exclusive course of treatment or procedure. Variations in practice might be warranted based on the needs of the individual patient and/or based on resources and limitations unique to the institution or type of practice. This information has been reviewed and approved by the NASPAG.