Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Pan American Health Organization, United Nations Population Fund and United Nations Children's Fund: Accelerating progress toward the reduction of adolescent pregnancy in Latin America and the Caribbean. Available: http://iris.paho.org/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/34493/9789275119761-eng.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y. Accessed November 12, 2019.
- Destinies of the Disadvantaged: The Politics of Teen Childbearing.Russell Sage Foundation, New York2007
The World Bank: World Development Indicators. Available: https://databank.worldbank.org/source/world-development-indicators. Accessed May 15, 2020.
- The impact of abstinence and comprehensive sex and STD/HIV education programs on adolescent sexual behavior.Sex Res Soc Policy. 2008; 5: 18
McQueston K., Silverman R., Glassman A.: Adolescent fertility in low-and middle-income countries: effects and solutions. Available: https://www.cgdev.org/publication/adolescent-fertility-low-and-middle-income-countries-effects-and-solutions-working-paper. Accessed February 13, 2020.
- Interventions to prevent unintended and repeat pregnancy among young people in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review of the published and gray literature.J Adolesc Health. 2016; 59: S8
- The efficacy of interventions to reduce adolescent childbearing in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review.Stud Fam Plann. 2013; 44: 369
Rankin K., Heard A., Diaz N.: Adolescent sexual and reproductive health: scoping the impact of programming in low- and middle-income countries. 3ie. Available: https://hivhealthclearinghouse.unesco.org/library/documents/adolescent-sexual-and-reproductive-health-scoping-impact-programming-low-and. Accessed January 15, 2020.
- Socio-cultural and economic factors influencing adolescents’ resilience against the threat of teenage pregnancy: a cross-sectional survey in Accra, Ghana.Reprod Health. 2015; 12: 117
- Teenage pregnancy and social disadvantage: systematic review integrating controlled trials and qualitative studies.BMJ. 2009; 339: b4254
- Assessing the applicability of findings in systematic reviews of complex interventions can enhance the utility of reviews for decision making.J Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 66: 1251
- Systematic mapping of checklists for assessing transferability.Syst Rev. 2019; 8: 22
- The TRANSFER approach for assessing the transferability of systematic review findings.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2020; 20: 11
- Applicability and transferability of interventions in evidence-based public health.Health Promot Int. 2006; 21: 76
- Generalizing about public health interventions: a mixed-methods approach to external validity.Annu Rev Public Health. 2017; 38: 371
- Assessing the applicability of public health intervention evaluations from one setting to another: a methodological study of the usability and usefulness of assessment tools and frameworks.Health Res Policy Syst. 2018; 16: 88
- Guidance for evidence-informed policies about health systems: assessing how much confidence to place in the research evidence.PLoS Med. 2012; 9e1001187
- Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses: the PRISMA statement.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: 1006
- Issues in conducting and disseminating brief reviews of evidence.Evid Policy. 2010; 6: 371
Critical Appraisal Skills Programme: Randomised Controlled Trial Checklist. Available: https://casp-uk.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/CASP-Randomised-Controlled-Trial-Checklist-2018.pdf. Accessed October 10, 2019.
OCHA Services. ReliefWeb: What happens once the intervention ends? The medium-term impacts of a cash transfer programme in Malawi. Available: https://reliefweb.int/report/malawi/what-happens-once-intervention-ends-medium-term-impacts-cash-transfer-programme-malawi. Accessed March 3, 2020.
- Randomized controlled trial of “teens and toddlers”: a teenage pregnancy prevention intervention combining youth development and voluntary service in a nursery.J Adolesc. 2013; 36: 859
- Text messaging, teen outreach program, and sexual health behavior: a cluster randomized trial.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: S117
- Education, HIV, and early fertility: experimental evidence from Kenya.Am Econ Rev. 2015; 105: 2757
International Initiative for Impact Evaluation: Estimating the impact and cost-effectiveness of expanding secondary education in Ghana. Available: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f3ed/386741b01557ebdb8b3c16dc783c9f88bd98.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2020.
- A clustered randomized controlled trial of the positive prevention PLUS adolescent pregnancy prevention program.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: S91
- Durable effects of Implementation Intentions: reduced rates of confirmed pregnancy at 2 years.Health Psychol. 2011; 30: 368
- Biological and behavioural impact of an adolescent sexual health intervention in Tanzania: a community-randomized trial.AIDS. 2007; 14: 1943
- Effects of a teenage pregnancy prevention program un KwaZulu-Natal.South Africa. Health Care Women Int. 2014; 35: 845
- Conditional and unconditional cash transfer to improve use of contraception in low and middle income countries: a systematic review.Stud Fam Plann. 2016; 47: 371
Institute of development studies: Transformative social protection. Available: https://globalepri.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/DevereuxSabatesWheeler2004TransformativeSP.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2020.
Centro de Estudios Distributivos, laborales y sociales: ¿Qué y a quién? Beneficios y beneficiarios de los programas de transferencias condicionadas de ingresos. Available: http://www.cedlas.econo.unlp.edu.ar/wp/wp-content/uploads/doc_cedlas76.pdf. Accessed February 15, 2020.
UNFPA and Save the Children: Herramientas de salud sexual y reproductiva para adolescentes en contextos humanitarios. Available: https://www.unfpa.org/sites/default/files/pub-pdf/UNFPA_ASRHtoolkit_espanol.pdf. Accessed February 15, 2020.
- The CONSORT statement: revised recommendations for improving the quality of reports of parallel-group randomised trials.Lancet. 2001; 357: 1191
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.PLoS Med. 2007; 4: e296
The authors indicate no conflicts of interest.