Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
World Health Organization: Adolescent pregnancy. Available: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/adolescent-pregnancy. Accessed May 25, 2020.
World Bank: Reproductive health at a glance: Botswana. Available: http://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/618401468201249044/pdf/629170BRIEF0Bo0BOX0361514B00PUBLIC0.pdf. Accessed May 25, 2020.
The World Factbook: Botswana. Available: https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/botswana/. Accessed May 26, 2020.
World Bank: Adolescent fertility rate (births per 1,000 women ages 15-19). Available: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.ADO.TFRT. Accessed May 25, 2020.
Republic of Botswana Ministry of Basic Education: Second Botswana Youth Risk Behavioural and Biological Surveillance Survey report, Botswana, Ministry of Basic Education, 2016, pp 8-36.
- Unintended pregnancy in Gaborone, Botswana: a cross-sectional study.Afr J Reprod Health. 2018; 22: 76
- Global trends in adolescent fertility, 1990-2012, in relation to national wealth, income inequalities, and educational expenditures.J Adolesc Health. 2017; 60: 161
- Committee on Adolescence: Contraception for adolescents.Pediatrics. 2014; 134 (e1244)
- ACOG committee opinion no. 735 summary: adolescents and long-acting reversible contraception: implants and intrauterine devices.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 131: 947
World Health Organization Department of Reproductive Health and Research (WHO/RHR) and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health/Center for Communication Programs (CCP), Knowledge for Health Project: Family Planning: A Global Handbook for Providers (2018 update),Baltimore and Geneva, CCP and WHO, 2018, pp 131 - 210.
United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division: Trends in Contraceptive Use Worldwide, New York, United Nations, 2015, pp 1-63.
- Awareness and practices of contraceptive use among university students in Botswana.SAHARA J. 2013; 10: 83
- Creswell JW Plano Clark VL Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research. SAGE Publications, California2007 (pp 62-79, 128-135)
- Fostering implementation of health services research findings into practice: a consolidated framework for advancing implementation science.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 50
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377
- The REDCap consortium: building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208
- Psychometric assessment of three newly developed implementation outcome measures.Implement Sci. 2017; 12: 108
- Stata statistical software: release 16.StataCorp LLC, College Station, TX2019
- Qualitative data analysis for health services research: developing taxonomy, themes, and theory.Health Serv Res. 2007; 42: 1758
- Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qual Health Res. 2005; 15: 1277
- Rwandan stakeholder perspectives of integrated family planning and HIV services.Int J Health Plann Manage. 2018; 33 (e1037)
- Integration of HIV testing services into family planning services: a systematic review.Reprod Health. 2019; 16: 61
- What works in family planning interventions in Sub-Saharan Africa: a scoping review.J Womens Health Care. 2019; 8: 2167
- Comparing youth-friendly health services to the standard of care through “Girl Power-Malawi”: a quasi-experimental cohort study.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2018; 79: 458
- Evaluating a LARC expansion program in 14 Sub-Saharan African countries: a service delivery model for meeting FP2020 goals.Matern Child Health J. 2017; 21: 1734
- Role of religious leaders in promoting contraceptive use in Nigeria: evidence from the Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative.Glob Health Sci Pract. 2018; 6: 500
Dr. Akers has received research funding support in the past 12 months from Bayer Healthcare for an investigator-initiated grant, and the Templeton Foundation, and has been a paid consultant for the Merck HPV Advisory Board, Mylan Pharmaceuticals Women's Health Advisory Board, and for Medicines360. The remaining authors indicate no conflicts of interest.
This work was presented, in part, as a poster on October 4, 2019, and as an oral presentation on October 10, 2020, at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Pediatric Global Health Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.