Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Global health burden and needs of transgender populations: a review.Lancet. 2016; 388: 412
- Contraceptive use and pregnancy intentions among transgender men presenting to a clinic for sex workers and their families in San Francisco.Contraception. 2017; 95: 186
- Prevalence of pregnancy involvement among Canadian transgender youth and its relation to mental health, sexual health, and gender identity.Int J Transgenderism. 2016; 17: 107
- Transgender men who experienced pregnancy after female-to-male gender transitioning.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 1120
- Family planning and contraception use in transgender men.Contraception. 2018; 1
- The contraceptive and reproductive history and planning goals of trans-masculine adults: a mixed-methods study.Contraception. 2019; 100: 468
- The Report of the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey.National Center for Transgender Equality, Washington, DC2016 (Available from:)Accessed August 14 2018)
- Stakeholder perceptions and experiences regarding access to contraception and abortion for transgender, non-binary, and gender-expansive individuals assigned female at birth in the U.S..Arch Sex Behav. 2020; 49: 2683
- Contraceptive beliefs, decision making and care experiences among transmasculine young adults: a qualitative analysis.Perspect Sex Reprod Health. 2020; 52: 7
- Being Safe, Being Me: results of the Canadian Trans Youth Health Survey.2015 (Vancouver, BC, CanadaAvailable from:)Accessed August 15, 2018)
- Gynecologic care of the female-to-male transgender man.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2008; 53: 331
- Care of the transgender patient: a survey of gynecologists’ current knowledge and practice.J Women Health. 2014; 24: 114
- Contraceptive use and abortion views among transgender and gender-nonconforming individuals assigned female at birth.Contraception. 2018; 98: 337
- Testosterone in a way is birth control”: contraceptive attitudes and experiences among transmasculine and genderqueer young adults.Contraception. 2016; 94: 422
- Menstrual suppression and contraceptive choices in a transgender adolescent and young adult population.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2016; 29: 201
- Society of Family Planning clinical recommendations: contraceptive counseling for transgender and gender diverse people who were female sex assigned at birth.Contraception. 2020; 102: 70
- American College Health Association: American College Health Association−National College Health Assessment, Fall 2015−Spring 2018 [computer file].American College Health Association, Silver Spring, Maryland2018
American College Health Association: Publications and reports: ACHA-NCHA II. 2019. Available from: https://www.acha.org/NCHA/ACHA-NCHA_Data/Publications_and_Reports/NCHA/Data/Reports_ACHA-NCHAIIc.aspx. Accessed December 9, 2019.
- The Williams Institute at the University of California Los Angeles School of Law.2013 (2013. Available from:)https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/GenIUSS-Gender-related-Question-Overview.pdf(Accessed June 11, 2019)
- Guidance and ethical considerations for undertaking transgender health research and institutional review boards adjudicating this research.Transgend Health. 2017; 2: 165
- Monitoring the health of transgender and other gender minority populations: validity of natal sex and gender identity survey items in a U.S. national cohort of young adults.BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: 1224
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs. Family planning: a global handbook for providers : evidence-based guidance developed through worldwide collaboration.Knowledge for Health Project, 2018 (Available from:)Accessed June 11, 2019)
- Contraceptive challenges and the transgender individual.Women's Midlife Health. 2018; 4: 1
- The reproductive health care of transgender young people: a guide for primary care providers.Pediatr Ann. 2019; 48: e64
- Transphobia rather than education predicts provider knowledge of transgender health care.Med Educ. 2019; 53: 398
- Contraception care for transmasculine individuals on testosterone therapy.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2019; : 1
- Contraception across the transmasculine spectrum.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020; 222: 134
- Influence of hormonal contraceptive use and health beliefs on sexual orientation disparities in Papanicolaou test use.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: 319
- The right to (trans) parent: a reproductive justice approach to reproductive rights, fertility, and family-building issues facing transgender people 2013 special issue: reproductive Justice.Wm. & Mary J. Women & L. 2013; 20 (https://scholarship.law.wm.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1370&context=wmjowl): 73
- The 2017 National School Climate Survey: the experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer youth in our nation's schools.Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), New York2018
The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.
Dr. Charlton was supported by Grant MRSG CPHPS 130006 from the American Cancer Society.
Findings were presented at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Exposition, November 2019, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.