Design, Setting, Participants, Intervention, and Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2020. Available at: http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020. Accessed March 13, 2015.
- Unmet Need for Contraception in Developing Countries: Examining Women's Reasons for Not Using a Method.Guttmacher Institute, New York2016
- China's Health and Family Planning Statistical Yearbook.Peking Union Medical College Press, Peking2016
- Induced abortion in China: problems and interventions.Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae. 2010; 32: 479
- Is repeat abortion a public health problem among Chinese adolescents? A cross-sectional survey in 30 provinces.Int J Envir Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 794
- Understanding contraceptive failure.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2009; 23: 199
- Acceptance of long-acting reversible contraceptive methods by adolescent participants in the.Contraceptive CHOICE Project. 2011; 84: 493
- Barriers to health care providers provision of long-acting reversible contraception to adolescent and nulliparous young women.Nurs Womens Health. 2017; 21: 122
- Committee opinion no. 642: increasing access to contraceptive implants and intrauterine devices to reduce unintended pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 44
World Health Organization Department of Reproductive Health and Research (WHO/RHR) and Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health/Center for Communications Programs (CCP) IP: Family planning: a global handbook for providers. CCP and WHO, Baltimore and Geneva, 2007
Committee on Adolescent Health Care Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Working Group, The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Committee opinion no. 539: adolescents and long-acting reversible contraception: implants and intrauterine devices. Obstet Gynecol 2012; 120:983
- Contraception for adolescents.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: e1244
- U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2010: Adapted from the World Health Organization Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use,4th edition.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2010; 59: 1-86
Family Planning 2020: Global consensus statement: expanding contraceptive choice for adolescents and youth to include long-acting reversible contraception. Available: http://www.familyplanning2020.org/youth-larc-statement. Accessed March 23, 2016.
- Trends in long-acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) use, LARC use predictors, and dual-method use among a national sample of college women.J Am Coll Health. 2018; 66: 225
- Barriers and facilitators to adolescents’ use of long acting reversible contraceptives.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2016; 30: 18
- Attitudes towards long-acting reversible methods of contraception in general practice in the UK.Contraception. 2007; 76: 208
- Attitudes and practices related to intrauterine devices for nulliparous women among Chinese health care providers.Reprod Health. 2019; 16: 10
- Awareness of long-acting reversible contraception among teens and young adults.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 52: S35
- Provider and health system factors associated with usage of long-acting reversible contraception in adolescents.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2017; 30: 609
- Barriers and facilitators to adolescents' use of long-acting reversible contraceptives.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2017; 30: 18
- Training and attitudes about contraceptive management across primary care specialties: a survey of graduating residents.Contraception. 2006; 73: 618
- Development of an intervention delivered by mobile phone aimed at decreasing unintended pregnancy among young people in three lower middle income countries.BMC Public Health. 2018; 18: 576
- Challenges in translating evidence to practice: the provision of intrauterine contraception.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 111: 1359
- Evidence-based IUD practice: family physicians and obstetrician-gynecologists.Fam Med. 2012; 44: 637
- Counseling and provision of long-acting reversible contraception in the US: national survey of nurse practitioners.Prev Med. 2013; 57: 883
- U.S. Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use, 2016.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2016; 65: 1
- Communicating contraceptive effectiveness: an updated counseling chart.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2007; 197: 118
- Video versus live lecture courses: a comparative evaluation of lecture types and results.Med Educ Online. 2018; 23155543
- Teaching splinting techniques using a Just-in-Time training instructional video.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2017; 33: 166
- Reducing unintended pregnancy through provider training.Lancet. 2015; (S0140673614624442)
- Reductions in pregnancy rates in the USA with long-acting reversible contraception: a cluster randomised trial.Lancet. 2015; : 386
- What matters most? The content and concordance of patients’ and providers’ information priorities for contraceptive decision making.Contraception. 2014; 90: 280
- Patients' attitudes and experiences related to receiving contraception during abortion care.Contraception. 2011; 84: 585
- The effect of patient-centered contraceptive counseling in women who undergo a voluntary termination of pregnancy.Patient Educ Couns. 2007; 65: 361
- Women's preferences for contraceptive counseling and decision making.Contraception. 2013; 88: 250
- Mobile-based video learning outcomes in clinical nursing skill education: a randomized controlled trial.Comput Inform Nurs. 2016; 34: 8
- Comparing hands-on and video training for postpartum hemorrhage management.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2014; 93: 517
- A video-based training to effectively teach CPR with long-term retention: the ScuolaSalvaVita.it (“SchoolSavesLives.it”) project.Intern Emerg Med. 2019; 14: 275
The authors report no conflict of interest.
This work was supported by the Chinese Medical Association, China Population Welfare Foundation Project No. 171103.