In a recent edition of JPAG, Nashed et al
1described a 6-month-old girl with DICER1 syndrome who developed embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma (ERMS) of the genital tract, likely the cervix. The tumor underwent auto-amputation prior to the start of chemotherapy. Here, we report a remarkably similar case of auto-amputation of a uterine sarcoma in another infant with DICER1 syndrome.
- Nashed LM
- Mayhew A
- Gomez-Lobo V
- et al.
DICER1 mutation detected in an infant guides accurate diagnosis of auto-amputated embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma.
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol,. 2021; (in press)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2021.08.006
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- DICER1 mutation detected in an infant guides accurate diagnosis of auto-amputated embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol,. 2021; (in press)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2021.08.006
- Expanding the spectrum of DICER1-associated sarcomas.Mod Pathol. 2020;; 33: 164
- Childhood rhabdomyosarcoma of the female genital tract: association with pathogenic DICER1 variation, clinicopathological features, and outcomes.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2021; 34: 449
- DICER1 and associated conditions: identification of at-risk individuals and recommended surveillance strategies.Clin Cancer Res. 2018; 24: 2251
Published online: December 28, 2021
Accepted: December 16, 2021
Received: November 26, 2021
Refers to: Nashed LM, Mayhew A, Gomez-Lobo V, et al: DICER1 mutation detected in an infant guides accurate diagnosis of auto-amputated embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol, in press, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2021.08.006
© 2021 North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.