Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Ensuring comprehensive care and support for transgender and gender-diverse children and adolescents.Pediatrics. 2018; 142e20182162
- Emotional distress among LGBT youth: the influence of perceived discrimination based on sexual orientation.J Youth Adolesc. 2009; 38: 1001
- Prevalence and correlates of suicidal ideation among transgender youth in California: findings from a representative, population-based sample of high school students.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2017; 56: 739
- Transgender youth substance use disparities: results from a population-based sample.J Adolesc Health. 2017; 61: 729
- Non-binary or genderqueer genders.Int Rev Psychiatry. 2016; 28: 95
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.5th ed. American Psychiatric Association, 2013
- Hormonal contraceptives, intrauterine devices, gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogues and testosterone: menstrual suppression in special adolescent populations.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2019; 32: S23
- Induction and maintenance of amenorrhea in transmasculine and nonbinary adolescents.Transgend Health. 2017; 2: 195
- Clinical management of gender dysphoria in children and adolescents: the Dutch approach.J Homosex. 2012; 59: 301
- Queer periods: attitudes toward and experiences with menstruation in the masculine of centre and transgender community.Cult Health Sex. 2016; 18: 1238
- Transgender men's experiences of fertility preservation: a qualitative study.Hum Reprod. 2017; 32: 383
- A comparison of mental health symptomatology and levels of social support in young treatment seeking transgender individuals who identify as binary and non-binary.Int J Transgend. 2019; 20: 241
- High burden of mental health problems, substance use, violence, and related psychosocial factors in transgender, non-binary, and gender diverse youth and young adults.Arch Sex Behav. 2020; 49: 645
- The response of the menstrual cycle to initiation of hormonal therapy in transgender men.Transgend Health. 2017; 2: 176
- Effects of cross-sex hormone treatment on transgender women and men.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 125: 605
- Effects of three different testosterone formulations in female-to-male transsexual persons.J Sex Med. 2014; 11: 3002
- Dose-response analysis of testosterone replacement therapy in patients with female to male gender identity disorder.Endocr J. 2013; 60: 275
- Subcutaneous injection of testosterone is an effective and preferred alternative to intramuscular injection: demonstration in female-to-male transgender patients.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 2349
- Hormonal treatment strategies tailored to non-binary transgender individuals.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 1609
- Baseline physiologic and psychosocial characteristics of transgender youth seeking care for gender dysphoria.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 57: 374
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377
- Reference.SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC2013
- Abnormal uterine bleeding in adolescents.J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2018; 10: 191
- Committee Opinion No. 760: Dysmenorrhea and endometriosis in the adolescent.Obstet Gynecol. 2018; 132: e249
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) in adolescents: severity and impairment.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2006; 19: 397
- Menstrual suppression for adolescents.Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 26: 323
- Committee Opinion No. 668: Menstrual manipulation for adolescents with physical and developmental disabilities.Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 128: e20
U.S. Census Bureau: 2012-2016 American Community Survey five-year estimates. 2017, https://data.census.gov/mdat/#/
Declaration of Competing Interest: All authors have no relevant conflicts of interest to declare.
Funding Source: This research was supported by internal funding from a Jefferson Pediatric Award for Clinical Research.
Prior Presentation: Some of these data were presented as an oral presentation and poster at the 2021 American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference in Philadelphia, PA, in October 2021.