In 2010, I was asked by colleagues at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) to moderate a Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Research Think Tank Panel. I prepared a presentation on the science of pediatric and adolescent gynecology (PAG) in which I addressed the history of PAG, highlighting that PAG is a “young” and developing subspeciality, with an evolution of scholarship. At that meeting, I showed a chart (Fig. 1), which indicated that the type of article most commonly published in the Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (JPAG) was a case report. I compared JPAG with the Journal of Adolescent Health (JAH), for which the most common article was a comparative study, followed by reviews, clinical trials, and randomized controlled trials (RCTs)—all of which were published more frequently than case reports. This was used to illustrate the point that adolescent medicine was a more “mature” discipline, in which scholarship had evolved beyond case reports.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Adolescents with vulvar ulcers: COVID-19 disease, COVID-19 vaccines and the value of case reports.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2022; 35: 109-111
- Vulvar aphthous ulcer in an adolescent after Pfizer-BioNTech (BNT162b2) COVID-19 vaccination.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2021; 35: 167-170
- IN THIS ISSUE.
- Vulvar aphthous ulcer following Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine – a case report.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2021;
- IN THIS ISSUE.
- Vulvar aphthous ulcer in an adolescent with COVID-19.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2021; 34: 418-420
- The CARE guidelines: consensus-based clinical case reporting guideline development.BMJ Case Rep. 2013; (2013:bcr2013201554 PMID: 24155002; PMCID: PMC3822203)https://doi.org/10.1136/bcr-2013-201554
- Call for leadership: climate change and the future health of girls.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2022; 35: 107-108
- Clinical opinion: diagnosis and management of lichen sclerosus in pediatric and adolescent patients.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2022; 35: 112-120
- Review of surgical neovagina techniques and management of vaginal stricture.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2022; 35: 121-126
- The use of telemedicine in pediatric and adolescent gynecology.J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2022; 35: 133-137
© 2022 North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.