Abbreviations:MPSA (multiple perpetrator sexual assault), ED (emergency department), SART (Sexual Assault Response Team), REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture), STI (sexually transmitted infection), SD (standard deviation), IQR (interquartile range)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- The lifetime prevalence of child sexual abuse and sexual assault assessed in late adolescence.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 55 (DOI): 329-333https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2013.12.026
- Mental and sexual health outcomes following sexual assault in adolescents: a prospective cohort study.Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2018; 2 (DOI): 654-665https://doi.org/10.1016/s2352-4642(18)30202-5
- Sexual-assault history and long-term physical health problems.Curr Dir Psychol Sci. 1999; 8 (DOI): 191-194https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8721.00045
- Multiple perpetrator sexual assault.J Interpers Violence. 2012; 27 (DOI): 2415-2436https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260511433514
- Medical care following multiple perpetrator sexual assault: a retrospective review.Int J STD AIDS. 2014; 26 (DOI): 86-92https://doi.org/10.1177/0956462414530886
- Multiple perpetrator rape among girls evaluated at a hospital-based Child Advocacy Center: seven years of reviewed cases.Child Abuse Negl. 2014; 38 (DOI): 1540-1551https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2014.05.008
- Stata statistical software: release 16.StataCorp LLC, College Station, TX2019
- Comparing gang and individual rapes in a community sample of urban women.Violence Vict. 2007; 22 (DOI): 43-51https://doi.org/10.1891/vv-v22i1a003
- Blame attributions in multiple perpetrator rape cases: the impact of sympathy, consent, force, and beliefs.J Interpers Violence. 2017; 35 (DOI): 5336-5364https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260517721171
The authors report no proprietary or commercial interest in any product mentioned or concept discussed in this article. Author 5 acknowledges providing medical legal expert work in child abuse cases.