Main Outcome Measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
National Council for Adoption: 2017 adoption by the numbers. Available: https://adoptioncouncil.org/research/. Accessed January 16, 2022
- Estimating the annual domestic adoption rate and lifetime incidence of infant relinquishment in the United States.Contraception. 2022; 105: 14-18
Evan B: Donaldson Adoption Institute: safeguarding the rights and well-being of birthparents in the adoption process. Available: https://www.nationalcenteronadoptionandpermanency.net/post/safeguarding-the-rights-and-well-beingof-birthparents-in-the-adoption-process. Accessed January 19, 2022
- Adult birth mothers who made open infant adoption placements after adolescent unplanned pregnancy.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2014; 43: 190-199
- Open adoption placement by birth mothers in their twenties.MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2017; 42: 345-351
- Clutter LB: Perceptions of birth fathers about their open adoption.MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs. 2020; 45: 26-32
- Adoption decision making among women seeking abortion.Womens Health Issues. 2017; 27: 136-144
- Choosing life’: birth mothers on abortion and reproductive choice.Womens Health Issues. 2015; 25: 349-354
Pact. Available: https://www.pactadopt.org/home.asp. Accessed February 5, 2022
Bravelove. Available: https://www.bravelove.org. Accessed February 5, 2022
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual Res Psychol. 2006; 3: 77-101
- Adoption-related feelings, loss and curiosity about origins in adopted adolescents.Clin Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2019; 24: 876-891
- Adoption status and family relationships during the transition to young adulthood.J Fam Psychol. 2014; 28: 877-886
- The role of siblings in adoption outcomes and experiences from adolescence to emerging adulthood.J Fam Psychol. 2016; 30: 386-396
- Infant adoption: psychosocial outcomes in adulthood.Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epdemiol. 1998; 33: 57-65
- Effects of the history of adoption in the emotional adjustment of adopted adolescents.Span J Psychol. 2009; 12: 454-461
- Adoption-related behaviors among women aged 18-44 in the United States: 2011-2015.NCHS Data Brief. 2018; 315: 1
- Beyond adoption status: post-adoptive parental involvement and children's reading and math performance from kindergarten to first grade.Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2017; 7: 337-346
- Contributions of parent-adolescent negative emotionality, adolescent conflict, and adoption status to adolescent externalizing behaviors.J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2011; 40: 825-836
- Open adoption: adoptive parents’ reactions two decades later.Soc Work. 2013; 58: 42-52
- Adolescents’ feelings about openness in adoption: implications for adoption agencies.Child Welfare. 2006; 85: 1011-1039
- Openness in adoption and the level of child participation.Child Dev. 1996; 67: 2358-2374
- Adoptive family system dynamics: variations by level of openness in the adoption.Fam Process. 1994; 33: 125-146
- Adoption as an option for unmarried pregnant teens.Adolescence. 1993; 38: 891-902
SisterSong Collective: Reproductive justice. Available: https://www.sistersong.net/reproductive-justice. Accessed January 22, 2022
- Addressing long-acting reversible contraception access, bias, and coercion: supporting adolescent and young adult reproductive autonomy.Curr Opin Pediatr. 2021; 33: 345-353
- Reproductive Justice: An Introduction.University of California Press, Oakland, California2017
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of interest: none.
The work has not been previously published elsewhere. This work has been accepted as an abstract to the 2022 Pediatric Academic Societies Conference. It is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Acknowledgments: This work was supported by the Society of Family Planning, Denver, CO [2020 Emerging Scholars Grant to Laura Kirkpatrick]. The funding source had no role in study design; collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; writing of the report; and the decision to submit for publication.