Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- (Female Genital Mutilation Evidence)Brief D.o.R.H.a WHO Human Reproduction Programme. Editor. Geneva, Switzerland2019
Lightfoot-Klein, H., Prisoners of Ritual: Some Contemporary Developments in the History of Female Genital Mutilation, in Female Genital Cutting Education and Networking Project. 1991: Worcester, MA.
- Female circumcision: History, medical and psychological complications, and initiatives to eradicate this practice.Can J. Urol. 2009; 16: 4576-4579
- Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting: A statistical overview and exploration of the dynamics of change.UNICEF, New York2013
- Women and Girls at Risk for Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting in the United States.Population Reference Bureau: Washington, DC. 2016;
- A Fight as U.S. Girls Face Genital Cutting Abroad.The New York TImes, New York2014
- Public Health Research Priorities to Address Female Genital Mutilation or Cutting in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2019; 109: 1523-1527
- Female Genital Mutilation: Health Consequences and Complications-A Short Literature Review.Obstet Gynecol Int. 2018; (2018)7365715
- Missed opportunities for diagnosis of female genital mutilation.Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2014; 125: 256-260
Care of women and girls living with female genital mutilation: a clinical handbook., Geneva: World Health Organization.
- Anatomy of the Clitoris and the Female Sexual Response.Clinical Anatomy. 2015; 28: 376-384
- International continence society white paper regarding female genital mutilation/cutting.Neurourol Urodyn. 2019; 38: 857-867
- Paediatric vulvar disease.Best Practice and Research in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014; 28: 1028-1041
- Anatomy of Sex: Revision of the New Anatomical Terms Used for the Clitoris and the Female Orgasm by Sexologists.Clinical Anatomy. 2015; 28: 293-304
- Effects of female genital cutting onf physical health outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ Open. 2014; 4
- Sexual anatomy and function in women with and without genital mutilation: A cross-sectional study.The Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2016; 13: 226-237
- Female Genital Mutilation Reconstruction: A Preliminary Report.Aesthet Surg J. 2017; 37: 942-946
- [Reconstructive surgery of the clitoris after sexual mutilation].Ann Chir Plast Esthet. 2011; 56: 59-64
- [Anatomic, functional and identity results after clitoris transposition].J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2016; 45: 963-971
- Reconstructive surgery after female genital mutilation: a prospective cohort study.The Lancet. 2012; 380: 134-141
- Why we hesitate to protect girls from FGM in the United States.AHA Foundation. 2017; (Accessed)
- AAP Section on Global Health, AAP Committee on Medical Liability & Risk Management, AAP Committee on Bioethics. Diagnosis, Management, and Treatment of Female Genital Mutilation or Cutting in Girls.Pediatrics. 2020; 145 (e20201012): 1-31
United Nations Children's Fund. Female genital mutilation (FGM). Available at: https://data.unicef.org/topic/childprotection/female-genital-mutilation/. Accessed May 12, 2019
- Female genital mutilation/cutting in the United States: updated estimates of women and girls at risk.Public Health Rep. 2012; 131 (2016): 340-347
- Psychological impact of female genital mutilation among adolescent Egyptian girls: a cross-sectional study.Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2017; 22: 280-285
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Section/Category: Surgical/Gynecology (including surgical subspecialties such as urology and pediatric surgery)